Integrated health studio wellness offers natural health care options for whiplash injury
Whiplash is a common injury that occurs after forceful impacts occur to the head or neck. In its most basic form, whiplash occurs when the bones, muscles, and tendons of the neck are stretched, pulled, and injured. A sudden forward and backward movement, like that which occurs during an auto accident, can injure the neck and cause a whiplash injury.
Whiplash Injury Symptoms
For the best Chiropractor Highlands Ranch has to offer we invite CO residents to contact us with any concerns they have. Whiplash injuries can bring a range of symptoms ranging from mild and annoying to severe and debilitating. Here are some of the most common ones to be looking for, especially after an accident or event that could have caused such an injury:
- Pain in the shoulder or neck that radiates through the neck, into the head, or down the arms
- Stiffness in the neck that makes it hard to move your head or arms normally
- Numbness in the shoulder or arms that seem to start in the neck or base of the skull
- Pain and stiffness that worsens when you move your head or arms or change position
- Headaches that do not seem to be caused by anything else and that worsen over time
- Tenderness in the muscles of the neck and shoulders and upper back when pressure is applied
- Fatigue and dizziness and weakness when standing or moving around normally
- Sensitivity to light and sound that make a headache worse or bring on other symptoms
- Confusion, memory loss, changes in mood, and poor judgment
- Nausea, vomiting, blurred vision, ringing in the ears, and other unusual symptoms
What to do if You Have a Whiplash Injury
A whiplash injury is a very common injury but it is still important to get care as soon as possible. Minor injuries can quickly grow into a major problem. When left untreated, the injuries caused by whiplash can lead to permanent problems that could impact a person’s overall quality of life. If you think, you or a loved one has suffered a whiplash injury, you need to be seen by a medical professional as soon as possible. You could see your primary care physician to ensure there is no serious underlying injury you are not aware of. If you cannot get in to see your regular doctor, a visit to an urgent chiropractic care center near you can also be a good option to get quick care for your injury. If you have a severe injury or are experiencing major symptoms and cannot be seen by anyone, a trip to the emergency department may be warranted. It is always better to be safe rather than sorry when it comes to injuries to the head, neck, or back. So, make sure you get the treatment and care you need by getting seen as soon as possible after your injury or the first symptoms are noted. If you are asking yourself where can I find a chiropractor near me, we hope you give us a call and see the difference we can make for you!